Tuesday, March 5, 2013

When I'm 84

I saw Quartet recently.  It's a film set in a residence for retired musicians somewhere in the achingly gorgeous English countryside.  This place does not resemble the 'homes' I've seen.  I'd move in right this minute for the fantastic wallpaper alone not to mention the inspiring music that seemed to be pouring out of every room.



I think I may have been the youngest person in the theatre, but considering the pain that two hours of sitting in a cinema seat causes right now, I feel I earned my place!



I wish we could find a fitting and comfortable place for my father-in-law as we are struggling at the moment over what to do about the changes in his health.  Small strokes are silencing his accordion.  He just does not have the arm strength to hold his instrument anymore.

We've just about talked him into leaving the mainland and coming to live on the island so we can be closer, but it's such a big change at 84.  I fear that change is coming for him whether it's chosen or not.  To be at this point with him so soon after losing my Dad...  well, my heart is not ready for change either.

We've spent the past week looking at apartments and residences and trying to learn what his tastes and preferences are in a place to live.  It's quite clear that this man would not be happy in a remote and stately country pile!  He likes new.  A young man in war-ravaged Italy, the old and the handsomely crumbling holds no romance for him.  Me?  I quite liked the look of this place...



 
 
 
xoxox,
 
K

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Linda said...

This movie looks good...some of my favorite actors too...I will definitely have to see this one... Thanks :) Love your blog..

 
At March 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Kristia said...

I love your blog as well! Thanks so much for dropping by, Linda!

xoxox,

K

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home