Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tweed Ride

Get ready for a photo-heavy post! The long awaited Tweed Ride Victoria took place this past weekend. Even with a last minute date switch from Saturday to Sunday due to an iffy forecast, people came out in droves. I heard it estimated that there were nearly 200 of us riding. Not bad at all for the first such event in our fair city!



Victorians made a great showing of it. I was so impressed with the thought and care people put into dressing for the occasion. I can be counted on to be a little over dressed for any occasion but this time I think I found my tribe. I so wish I had captured better photos. I'm not quite coordinated enough to ride and shoot well!















And it wasn't just the clothing... I've heard this said about other tweed rides and found it to be true. They seem to bring out a certain graciousness in people. It was so nice to ride along making conversation with some of the kindest people I've met anywhere.

I'm thrilled to learn there are plans in the works to hold another ride in the Autumn. I'm dreaming up outfits already!

xoxox,

K

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 13, 2011 at 6:09 PM , Blogger the gardener's cottage said...

hi kristia,

i've been wanting to comment on this post for the last couple of days. this is such an amazing event. i was just telling my middle son about this and showing him pics. we would both love to participate in something like this. wow!

xo
janet

 
At May 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM , Blogger the gardener's cottage said...

i'm back to look at these pics again. i would so love to start one of these rides here in redlands. it's the perfect town for it. you are so lucky!

 
At May 15, 2011 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Kristia said...

Janet! Hello you! (I've been away from the computer for a couple of days... sorry for the slow response.) There was a fellow from Seattle at our Victoria ride who is making the rounds of such events all over the place including one in England. Google 'London Tweed Run'.. it's where it all began! I kind of think he's on to something... I'd love to travel about joining tweed rides in other cities. Let me know if you do start one!

xoxox,

K

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home