Monday, April 18, 2011

The Princess at the Castle

Another item on the 'reasons why I love this place' list, is the ability to jump on a bicycle and fairly accidentally end up at a castle.

introducing my new Princess Sovereign!


The Mister and I were tempted outside by the sunshine and went for a lovely long ride this weekend to break in my new Pashley. We rode and rode until we ended up on the grounds Royal Roads University and Hatley Castle where we promptly got caught in a hailstorm. (There was a dark and foreboding cloud hanging overhead... sort of suited the place.)

We managed to find shelter in the school cafeteria which, I must give credit where credit is due, seems clearly different than the school cafeterias I've known. Poached pears? Port reduction? Not a bad place to wait out the storm!

And the plastic container it came in is fully compostable! Ah... progress.


I hope you had a lovely weekend too!


xoxox,


K

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Molly and the Princess said...

What a gorgeous photo of your Princess and the Castle, and it looks perfect for you xx

 
At April 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Kristia said...

Thank you so much Molly! Has your new Princess come into your life yet? I read something about an accident... and the original Princess being no more. Very happy to learn you escaped without harm. The Mister has been hit by cars 3 times while on his bike! How I wish for proper bike lanes the world over!

 
At April 21, 2011 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Molly and the Princess said...

No new Princess for me yet :( I miss mine dreadfully. I'm still waiting on the insurance from the person who knocked me down and wrote off the bike (and didn't stop!). The police have obviously found him as I had an offer from his insurance company for one third the original cost of the bike (it was two months old!) so the solicitors working on my behalf are asking them to reconsider.
In the meantime I will just enjoy photos of you and your lovely Princess!

 
At April 25, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Kristia said...

Such a frustrating thing, Molly! I do hope it resolves soon. I know these insurance things can drag on for what seems like forever. I just don't know why it has to. If I knocked someone off a bike with my car, I think I'd buy them two bicycles just out of relief that I didn't kill someone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home