Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pavlova

My Mom, who is away right now, sent me a bouquet beautiful lilies for Easter. They've opened and are filling the house with their perfume. I miss her. So in honour of missing my Mom I've been working on my Pavlova making skills. Her birthday is coming up in May and she will return by then. This is her favourite dessert.




I used a recipe I found on the lovely Mai Tai's blog and highly recommend it.

Pavlova is named for Anna Pavlova, a famous Russian ballerina from the last century. The parallel being they both seem as light as air. This photo of her would have fit perfectly into my Cottingley Fairies post!


Photo courtesy of www.artsalive.ca


I found some amazing footage of her performing her famous 'Dying Swan' that I hope you'll enjoy.







The Dying Swan / Anna Pavlova from Atavisme on Vimeo.




xoxox,

K

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home