Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cottingley Fairies

Just when I decide it's time to give up TV, it offers me a glimpse of something I'd actually like to see for a change. Of course, I only caught the last half hour, but managed to find a copy of Fairytale: A True Story at my local library and was able to enjoy it in its entirety last night.

In 1917 two young cousins took photos of each other seemingly with fairies in the frame. The photos were published in 1920 and charmed the world over. Photographic evidence of the fairy world gave hope to many at a time when the human world was healing from ravages of war.

Take a look at these lovely old photos the film was based on:








Photos courtesy of Wikipedia


I don't want to give away the plot, but if you'd like... more information on Cottingley Fairies story can be found here.


xoxox,

K

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home