Thursday, March 17, 2011

Vintage Green - The Prince's House

I came across some photos and a little video of a sustainable home designed by the Prince of Wales and currently on view at the Ideal Home Show in London that I wanted to share with you. Sometimes 'green' design leaves me a bit cold. I tend to be drawn to places with a little bit of history... time-worn homes that are not exactly efficient and modern.

So to come across a new build that is pretty and cottage-y and cozy looking is quite the thrill. I really like the traditional look filled with vintage items. (Antiques are green, you know.) I would love to see this show home in person. I'd also love to embed the video of this house, but that feature seems to be disabled on youtube, so you'll have to settle for a link!


Photos above and below courtesy of the lovely blog Flowerona



photo courtesy of All About You

More information on this and other eco houses can be found at The Prince's Foundation website.

xoxox,

K


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home