Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sweet Tooth

Dinner with friends and welcoming my parents home from vacation was cause for dessert making around here. I'm still in a experimental stage of making gluten-free sweet things, but both of these recipes went well.

I substituted the sugar in both recipes with the lower glycemic index xylitol (you can find this in most health food stores). I did find it didn't caramelize nicely when I used it to top the creme brulee, so I opted for a bit of organic sugar for that.

The chocolate cake was made with quinoa! I cooked it a little longer than I should have as it didn't seem to be setting in the centre. The edges were a bit dry, but the whole thing over all was very nice. Worth another try.



Creme Brulee recipe



Chocolate Quinoa Cake recipe


xoxox,

K

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 9, 2011 at 12:44 AM , Blogger alissa said...

yummy! these both look so so good :)

 
At March 10, 2011 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Kristia said...

Thanks, Alissa!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home