Friday, February 11, 2011

The Pleasures of Grey, Solitary Days

The day began with the drive to the ferry to drop off the Mister as he needed to head to the mainland to visit his father. I'm resolving to find ways of enjoying our time apart as best I can. I needed a little cheering, so I promptly took myself to a little gluten-free bakery for solitary treats.

Now, sourdough may not be your idea of blissful indulgence, but to someone who has given up gorgeous wheat-based artisan breads this loaf is heaven. Chewy, soft... no hint of rice flour-i-ness. (I have no idea how to describe most rice breads to someone who hasn't tasted them! Not always pleasant.) I couldn't resist picking up a chai spice muffin too. Origin Bakery, for the curious.

I'm embracing the change in weather. I can feel in the air the final weeks of tweeds and twills and velvets. As much as I love summer dressing, I think cold-weather textures are a little closer to my heart. And so, let it drizzle... but let my love come home soon.







xoxox,

K

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2011 at 3:11 AM , Blogger Tracy said...

Gorgeous post - you completely captured how I feel about solitude, food, gloomy weather, winter clothes...sometimes, a little drizzle is just what we need, to fully appreciate soft cozy clothes and comfort food. Enjoy~

 
At February 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Kristia said...

Thank you, Tracy! Grey weather really is just the thing when you're in need of mulling, pondering or puttering, isn't it? Very restorative in its own way... so glad you're reading!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home