Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happiness in a Bottle

I walked into The Body Shop this morning with the intention of buying one specific thing. I used to be a very loyal Body Shop consumer in my teens and twenties. I remember loving those green-labelled bottles that could be refilled and that warm fuzzy feeling of buying beauty products not tested on animals.

Such a great font used for the original The Body Shop logo. Read about the early history here.

Over the past few years as my favorite products have been phased out, I drifted away thinking it was yet another place to add to my nostalgia list. So, you can imagine my surprise when I noticed the display of green-labelled bottles. These were not the same as before but the products... banana shampoo, passion fruit face wash and green apple shower gel were awfully familiar. Apparently these have been in the stores for the past couple of months. I had no idea!

Photo: The Body Shop

I had the BEST bath as a teenager. I readily admit I was spoiled to have my own bathroom. (Being an only child has its perks!) It was a big soaker tub set in a bay window surrounded by chintz curtains. I spent hours and hours in there, lolling, reading. So tonight I'm going to spend the evening in the bath taking a little trip back in my happy past. Lolling sounds about perfect right now.

xoxox,

K

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Blogger BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Kristia,
That sounds like the perfect plan to me. I think I may just do the same.
Bonne soirée

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home