Sunday, February 14, 2010

Velvet Hearts and Moulin Rouge

Valentine's started early for me this year. The Mr. and I attended a performance of Moulin Rouge by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet on Thursday night. It was a beautiful and tragic story of two star crossed lovers set circa 1900 at the Moulin Rouge. Sound familiar? There were many similarities to Baz Luhrmann's story but not the over-the-top-ed-ness to the production... and once settled into the tone, I adored it.


the only photo I could snap inside the Royal Theatre before the performance


I've had far too much chocolate today. I got very spoiled and have been working on this velvet heart box of Roger's Chocolates. For those of you who have visited Victoria, B.C. you've probably seen Roger's. It's a gorgeous little jewel of a store first opened in 1891.


I'm going to keep this short and sweet, but do hope you're enjoying a lovely Valentine's Day everyone!

xoxox,

K

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home