Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Mystery of Antoine Labelle

It seems I come from a long line of musicians with day jobs. I had heard stories about my great grandfather Antoine Labelle's ability to pick up any instrument and play it within mintues. I had heard stories of him being out all night, playing at dance halls and the conflict it caused between him and his wife. Other than that, I heard little.

But according to a Census taken in 1911, he was a simply a weaver in a cotton mill with a sideline in music...



This, before he mysteriously disappeared sometime in the early 1920s. The family didn't know what had become of him (my great grandmother told everyone he was dead) until it came to light in the 1970s that he had lived out his life as a gardener at a monastery.

I keep searching for clues...

xoxox,

K

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 11, 2010 at 11:46 AM , Blogger {Tara} said...

Wow...he sounds completely fascinating.

 
At February 11, 2010 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Kristia said...

He does! I so wish I knew more of his story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home