Monday, February 1, 2010

Current Obsession - Cameo Glass

I don't know what's been going on with me lately but I'm consumed with cameo glass... vases, lamps, bowls. I bought a large vase years ago, not knowing it was a Gallé reproduction and not knowing there's a wealth of other lovely objects in the world like it. Now that I know, oh my... there's trouble.


my vase


the lamp I ordered today from lookintheattic.com


Émile Gallé seems to be the name that comes up the most in my searches. He was a prominent glass maker in the Art Nouveau period and created exquisite nature-inspired decorative glass so appropriate to the tastes of the time. Of course, the real thing is quite expensive, as it should be for such gorgeous work. It's reproductions for me as I swear the real thing wouldn't last long with the cats in the house!

xoxox,

K

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 2, 2010 at 3:46 AM , Blogger BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour K,
Just found your site, cameo glass is so beautiful. The Art Nouveau period has given us so much loveliness.
I'll be followinfg along and will be back soon.
Good week to you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home