Monday, January 18, 2010

Someday I'll Even Use the Good China

There's so much I do with my days that's habitual. It seems that one-time interests became hobbies, which became habits and now finally are ruts. I go about my dailiness as much asleep as awake. I fill my days with a lot of consistent action which makes the weeks bleed together somehow.

I need to shake things up, not considerably. I don't need a move or a new husband or a hair-chop. I just need to be present in the activities that were once pursuits.

I will try to use a teapot more often and not pop sad little bags directly into the mug. And I'll vary the types of tea I drink... I have a collection of loose leaf teas that may need replacing, they've been in the cupboard so long.

Baths have become another auto-pilot ritual. Fill tub, jump in, jump out, drain, repeat. What about the fancy bubbles I save for a special occasion? Really, one of these days I'm going to have my very last bath. I'd hope the good soap would get used. Seriously... if I die unexpectedly what's going to happen to the soap collection? Can you imagine that dusty inheritance?



This could be said for the wardrobe as well. I'm sure we've all heard reports that most people wear a small percentage of the clothes they own. It's true for me too and I don't have that big a closet. I get so much pleasure from textures and colours. I should play with my own outfits more... not just the sets on polyvore.

I suppose I'm a little behind in making new years resolutions, but you know that thing they say about 'late' and 'never'. Yes, that.

xoxox,

K

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At January 19, 2010 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Bonjour Madame said...

Hi! A challenge for you from one bath junkie to a soon to be bath junkie. Take one of your fancy soaps. Use one of those cheap scrunchie type sponge poofs you can get for a $1. Wet soap and sponge, rub the soap vigorously on the sponge until it lathers and then scrub yourself down with it. It amplifies the whole luxurious soap experience into a sudsy dreamy bath and I find I get more mileage out of an expensive soap that way.

I'm just now starting to do this with my other "nice" things. I'm bringing them out and using them daily. Why not?

Great blog!

 
At January 19, 2010 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Kristia said...

Hello Stephanie! I'm so glad you made your way over here. I decided to put the other blog to bed. No more Hermes scarf guilt posts, I promise! It's a little weird to not be writing anonymously this time, but it feels good.

Do you think a sea sponge would work as well as a pouf? I have a couple of those sitting around not being used as well!

 
At January 19, 2010 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Bonjour Madame said...

Yes, they will work just fine! I love sea sponges, they are so pretty and sometimes, they really do smell like the sea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home